the SPOT Satellite Messenger, you
and your loved ones have peace of mind knowing help is always
within reach. SPOT is the only device
of its kind, using the GPS satellite network to acquire its coordinates,
and then sending its location – with a link to Google Maps™ –
and a pre-programmed message via a commercial satellite network.
And unlike Personal Locator Beacons, SPOT
does more than just call for help. Tracking your progress, checking
in with loved ones, and non-emergency assistance are also available,
all at the push of a button. And because it uses 100% satellite
technology, SPOT works around the
world – even where cell phones don't.
features four key functions that enable users to send messages
to friends, family or emergency responders, based upon varying
levels of need:
Alert 9-1-1 – Dispatch emergency
responders to your exact location. SPOT
sends one message every 5 minutes until power is depleted or 911
Ask for HELP – Request help from
friends and family in your exact location. SPOT
sends one message every 5 minutes for one hour or until HELP is
Check In (OK) – Let contacts know
where you are and that you’re okay. SPOT
sends three identical messages to the SPOT Service for redundancy.
The first of those three messages is delivered.
Track Progress – Send and save your
location and allow contacts to track your progress using Google
Maps™. SPOT sends one message every
10 minutes for 24 hours or until it is powered off.
is a Satellite Messenger designed and used for several purposes:
Personal Safety and Emergency Locators (HELP Button for Emergency
Use) - Monitoring Teenagers Tracking - Tracking and GPS Data Loggers
- Vehicle Tracking and Fleet Management - Sport Activities and
GPS Wildlife Tracking - Intelligent Transportation System & Cargo
Tracking - Asset and Jewelry Tracking - Officer and Military Tracking
- Construction Security - Suspect Tracking - International Tracking
- Business and Commercial, Nautical and Government Security and
around the world, including virtually all of North America, Europe
and Australia, portions of South America, Northern Africa and
Northeastern Asia, and hundreds or thousands of miles offshore
of these areas.
works around the world virtually anywhere.
• Operating Temperatures: -40ºC to +85ºC (-40°F to +185°F)
• Operating Altitude: -91 m to +6,492 m (-300 ft to +21,000 ft)
• Weight: 209 grams (7.37 ounces)
• Dimensions: 111 mm x 69 mm x 44 mm (4.38 X 2.75 X 1.5”)
• Floats in water. Waterproof to 1 metre for up to 30 minutes.
• Humidity Rated: MIL-STD-810E Method 507.3, 95% to 100% condensing.
• Salt Fog Rated: Per MIL-STD-810E Method 509.3, 5% NaCl, 95%
• Vibration: Per SAE J1455. Random, 20 Hz to 2000 Hz, 0.04g2/Hz,
one hour per axis.
• Drop: Dropped twice on all six sides from one metre onto hard
has a separate power button to ensure long battery life and to
help avoid sending messages accidentally. To turn SPOT
on, press the ON/OFF button. You must then wait an additional
2 seconds before activating any function. When power is on, the
indicator light will blink once every 3 seconds.
This is also helpful for making SPOT
more visible in the dark. To turn SPOT
off, press and hold the ON/OFF button for 3 seconds.
2 AA 1.5V lithium batteries; under normal usage a full battery
charge should meet or exceed the following :
• Power on, unused: Approx. 1 year
• SPOTcasting tracking mode: Approx. 14 days
• 9-1-1 mode: Up to 7 consecutive days
• SPOTcheck OK: 1900 messages
ROHS and WEEE
• Certified to FCC
emissions, immunity and safety regulations.
• Meets FCC part 25 regulations, Canada type approval, CISPR
Publication 22 (1985 1st Edition), RTTE
Directive (1999/EC), IEC 60950 safety standard,
EMC Directive 89/336/EEC.